While we gladly welcome children of all abilities, our staff are not trained in special needs such as high functioning Autism or ADHD. We will do our best to accommodate all children as long as they can be involved in a safe manner. If your child has special needs, please reach out to us so that we can make the best plan for your child before classes start.
REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL POLICIES
- Class payments are due within 3 days of enrolling your child and/ or prior to the first day of class to reserve their spot.
- We will send ONE complimentary reminder that payment is due. We have the right to drop students from a class if the balance is unpaid after 3 days and there are other students on the waitlist.
- We accept cash or check payments (preferred) but also accept credit cards or ACH bank transfers through your parent portal as well.
- We have the right to charge credit cards on file on the 1st day of class (Monday of the session) for any unpaid balances.
- We DO NOT offer credit and/or refunds for canceled classes or missed classes due to vacations, illness, weather or any other reason.
- WGC will do its best to offer a makeup class in the event we need to cancel classes for weather safety or staff related reasons. Makeups are typically offered on a Friday afternoon / evening. Makeups are NOT guaranteed.
- No refunds will be issued unless a student is withdrawn from a class by the FRIDAY BEFORE the 1st day of classes of the current session. It is the PARENT'S RESPONSIBILITY to let us know if you need to drop your child from class. This is something that needs to be done on our end, you cannot do it from your parent portal.
- When registering for a class, if the class you chose does not meet our minimum number of students, the class may be canceled and parents asked to choose a different day/time to attend. You will be contacted in this instance and new arrangements will be made before the new session begins.
- There is a $25 handling fee if we receive a bad check.
- Proper attire is not only important to the safety of each gymnast, but we find that when students come to class dressed and groomed appropriately, they also come prepared to pay attention and make good use of their class time.
- All hair MUST be pulled back tightly away from the face. No long bangs or sharp clips. Buns/braids are preferred over long ponytails if possible.
- Girls may wear leotards with or without spandex shorts, or shorts and a fitted top. It is hard for coaches to spot with loose fitting clothes.
- NO two piece leotard outfits or sports bras / cropped tanks please. Long tank tops that cover the midriff are fine.
- Please do not send in leotards with attached skirts as they can get tangled around the bar.
- Boys should wear shorts and tucked in top.
- Jewelry, jeans, and watches are NEVER allowed during class (stud earrings are the exception).
- All students will go bare foot, please no tights or socks.
- If your child did not attend school due to illness, we ask that you also refrain from attending class that same evening.
- You do NOT need to let us know if your child will miss class.
- Please arrive 5 minutes early, have your child use the restroom, and stay in the viewing area. Students may line up in the “hallway” to wait for their name to be called.
- There are shelves for water bottles, shoes, etc. We are NOT responsible for lost items. Valuable items should NOT be brought to the gym.
- Parents do not need to stay but are welcome to. However we do ask that you walk your younger child(ren) inside and ensure they are ready to go for class.
- Preschool age parents - we ask that you DO stay in case your child needs to use the restroom, etc. Our staff will not be able to help students with bathroom needs.
- Each class begins with a warm up, which is a very important part of assuring that your child’s body is properly warmed-up to avoid injury. This is why we ask that you arrive 5 minutes early so your child does not miss warm-ups.
- Please respect our facility. We ask that you clean up after yourselves. This includes any spilled food messes, or throwing away garbage and recycling into the correct receptacles.
- No food or drink except water in the carpeted areas.
Please let us coach your child(ren). You can cheer and encourage to your heart's content (it is a tough sport!) but coaching from the sidelines distracts all of the students in the class and creates confusion.
- Remind your child to have fun, try their best (even when it’s hard!), and to be a good listener.
- Children who are disrespectful and/or not listening to their teacher will be told to sit and watch their class, or if necessary, removed from class.
- NO ONE is allowed in the gym unless you are accompanied by a professional staff or you are meeting your coach inside the gym for class.
- No chewing gum for any students.
- Parents must stay in the viewing area (non-carpeted area) unless in the Parent & Tot class.
- Only students in class at that time are allowed into the carpeted gym area.
- Coaches are NOT able to assist students with using the restroom at any time.
- Please double check our lost and found area weekly for anything that might have inadvertently been left. We are not responsible for stolen or lost items left at the gym. At the end of each session, any items left will be donated to a local charity. Please do NOT bring any valuables into the gym.
- Children must be picked up within 5 minutes of class being completed. We will insist that they wait inside for their rides.
- The entryway can get crowded as classes end and others begin. Please be courteous of those around you.